Sunday, October 13, 2013

Goodbye Siem Reap


The day has finally come.  One last night in my bunk bed under a mosquito net and then I am off to the airport tomorrow.  It will be a long trip home 35 hours!  I am sad to leave but happy to be going home.  I thought I would share some photos of what our house looks like to give you a feel of where I have been staying.
Four flights of stairs to the roof/laundry.  We stay on the
3rd floor, it has been good exercise!

Our room (with undies drying). You cannot let the clothes
dry outside or they just stay wet from the humidity and
smell like mold...lovely!

I actually have become attached to the inclosed feeling!

Our living area in our room, not bad!!

Every bathroom in Siem Reap has a hose attached to the toilet
so you can spray the whole bathroom down, not a bad idea.



The view from the backside roof area.
Our school is at the end of the road on the right.

The view from the frontside of roof area.
This is our street we live on, it is covered which made it nice in the rain but didn't help with the flood!
Straight down from our room. This was after the flood
waters left, you can still see the sand bags.

Our kitchen but AFTER 12 girls, a house mom, and cook moved in!



Farewell Cambodia, I feel richer from the experience of being here.  I love your culture, your people, our students and new friends.  It has been an honor to be a part of the work The Trade is doing across the world and to be affiliated with Agape International Missions.  I am blessed!



2 comments:

  1. Beth, what an incredible journey you have had! Thank you so much for letting us share it with you. Your pictures and blogs were so awesome and left me feeling like I was right there with you at times. What you have done for those women is just so amazing. They must feel so hopeful and empowered for a bright future ahead for them. I know they will never forget what you all have done for them and you will never forget the beautiful and loving people you met. I have to say you were sure brave with the food (not to mention the moto rides). Hope your knee is feeling better and you have a safe ride home. Can't wait to hear more details. love, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin, so glad I had friends to share it with. It felt great to have this link with home!

    ReplyDelete