Thursday, September 26, 2013

Meeting the Students

So the walk to school this morning was a wet one.  There is no choice other than to wade through the muddy water to get there, so up go the pants or long skirt and splish-splash time!  It was incredible to finally meet our students today.  They are full of youth and child-like behavior that needs to be channeled, this will be a challenge but one we are up for.  I actually starting teaching a little today to give Maria and Jasmine a little break.  I demonstrated a men's hair cut and had them get their hands into it and give it a try.  We went over clipper details and the basics of men's cutting.  They were very well behaved for me...guess I learned something from watching Miss Sczempka teach her 3rd graders. :) 
One of more day of school and then we get to hit Ankor Wat with Maria and Jasmine before they head out Sunday. :(                                                                                   








1 comment:

  1. I think I remember you saying you had finished getting all your shots - good thing! My boys had to wade through water like this on their missions.

    ReplyDelete