Sunday, September 15, 2013

Leaving in 1 Week!

I can hardly believe the time is almost here, it seemed like it would never come.  I have been reminded that I do not like waiting for things.  My mother always told me that "patience is a virtue" and I obviously need to work on that one!  :)

Kati and I will be leaving Monday, Sept. 23.  We fly out of LAX and land 19 hours later in Singapore.  We are then treated to a 12 hour layover in the middle of the night. We plan to stay in one of the hotels within the airport as to not pass through customs yet.  Then we are up and off for another 4 hour flight and land in Siem Reap at 5:40pm on Wednesday, Sept. 25 (Kendall's birthday!).  Tuesday happened somewhere in there but I am not sure where it went!?!?

I will be sharing photos, experiences and thoughts on this blog with you and hope that you enjoy them.  You will notice a lack of photos of our students, we are not allowed to take photos of them to avoid exploitation.  They have had enough of this in their lives already.  I will have to place my memories of them deep within my heart for safe keeping, I like that!  I apologize now for my writing skills (or lack there of) and will do my best to "bring you there" with me in my words and pictures. Thank you for following my blog and for sharing this journey with me!
~Beth ;o)

4 comments:

  1. Excited to follow your exhilaration and awakening of those around you. Enjoy yourself and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to follow your next adventure in service to others. Stay safe and I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, so excited to share it with you when I get back. XOXO

      Delete