Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hello and greetings from Siem Reap, Cambodia!

Well after over 24 hours of travel (stops in Tokyo,  Singapore, and Vietnam) we finally came in at 6:00pm and were greeted by two smiling, wonderful faces.  Thank you Maria and Jasmine for brining us our "fleet" of tuk-tuks to get us and our luggage to our new home for 3 weeks.

It was interesting coming in after it was dark, it made it hard to get a real feel of our surroundings but was also possibly better that way! :)  This morning should be enlightening to say the least.  The girls have their own personal tuk-tuk driver named Mao that they call and he arrives a few short minutes later to drive them wherever they want to go.  After throwing our suitcases in our place off we went for a little excursion around "town" and finally landed at a restaurant Jasmine wanted to go to called "The Blue Pumpkin."  She wanted to go there so she could get a hamburger!!  She has been here a month and leaves this Saturday.

Today we are off to school to meet our students and see how things run there.  We will be observing Maria teaching to figure out our own strategy.  Then we will have a business meeting since AIM has plans to open a beauty salon for the girls to work in.  We will discuss business ideas and make plans on how this can run smoothly.  I am honored that they waited for me to get here for this since I am a salon owner and felt I could be of help. Got to go get ready for our first day but I cannot go without first wishing my sweet Kendall a Happy Birthday!  I am so sad that I cannot be there to help you celebrate but I send my heart to you and hope your day is as special as you are!

Also sending my love and prayers to the Bedison family as they say goodbye to their beloved mother/grandmother, sorry to not be there to help you do that.  I will post again tonight after I get a feel for this place after some light has been shed (so to speak!).

No comments:

Post a Comment